Vegan and gluten free!
So good to share with a friend and a hot cup of tea !
1 large banana, mashed
3/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
6 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Good pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup blueberries, either fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line muffin tray
- In a medium bowl mash the banana. Add milk, vinegar, coconut nectar, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Stir coconut oil into dry mixture then add bowl of wet ingredients to dry. Mix until they just combine (do not over mix!)
- Gently fold in walnuts and blueberries (again, do not over mix!)
- Spoon into prepared muffin tray and bake for 25 minutes
I am using the 'coconut and almond milk' in my cooking at the moment ~ So Good
If using frozen blueberries DO NOT thaw before adding to mix as they will 'bleed' into the batter.
Thanks to ohsheglows.com