- 1/2 cup dates , chopped (I use medjool)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 1 -2 hours, then rinsed)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/3 cup date syrup (or coconut syrup or maple syrup or honey)
- 1/3 cup water
Top Chocolate Layer
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup date (or maple or coconut) syrup
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- Blend dates, almonds and oil in food processor until crumbly and sticks together when pressed
- Place in slice tin lined with baking paper and press down firmly. Place in freezer.
- Place dates, coconut oil, tahini, maple syrup, cashews and water in blender.
- Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Pour caramel mixture on top of base and return to freezer to set.
TOP CHOCOLATE LAYER
- Put coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao in small saucepan.
- Melt and combine over low heat. Mix well until it resembles chocolate sauce.
- Spread on top of caramel filling (make sure caramel is set before you do this step)
- Pop back in the freezer for an hour, remove from tin and slice up
- Store in airtight container in fridge.