1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup hazelnuts, almonds or pecans (or a mix of these!)
1 & 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds
4 tablespoons psyllium husks
1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
3 tablespoons coconut oil (or ghee)
1 & 1/2 cups water
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, stirring well
- Whisk maple syrup, oil & water together and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix very well until everything is completely soaked - if dough is too thick to stir add one or two teaspoons of water until dough is manageable.
- Place mixture in either a silicon loaf pan or a regular loaf tin tinned with baking paper. Smooth top with back of spoon. Let sit on kitchen bench for minimum of two hours or all day or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Place loaf on middle shelf of oven and cook for 20 minutes. Then carefully remove bread from loaf tin and place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Let loaf cool completely before slicing (it is very crumbly when still hot!)
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 day. Freezes well - slice bread before freezing.
Thank you mynewroots.org for sharing this amazing recipe and pics!